Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Morro de São Paulo - Part 3

There were many fun things to experience on the island.

One of the things that I have always wanted to do was ride on the beach on a horse. Well, my dream came true on Morro. However, it is one of those things that just does not live up to the dream. It was very cool, but also painful. Scott and I both agreed that the trot was not a comfortable ride, but if you were brave enough to gallop that was more bearable. The cool thing was that we were allowed to ride as fast or slow as we wanted, and I did make my horse splash through the water. When our hour was up Scott was a puddle of sweat and very ready to get off. Guess we are not horse people.

Brazilians love to serve food in a style called rodezio. This is all you can eat, and the waiters come by your table with things for you to choose. We enjoyed a pizza rodezio one night. On a Brazilian pizza menu you willl easily find 60 different types of pizza. They serve it in small slices so you can try more kinds.

Here is our waiter serving us some pizza. I bet we tried 16 different kinds. Isaac ate almost every kind. Owen and I split each piece, so we could try more. It was cute...at first I asked him if he would split a piece with me, and by the end he was asking me if I would split that piece with him.

Grandma Karen and the boys enjoying some coconut juice on the beach. It is very refreshing.

One day we ate lunch at a little beach restaurant. We had the traditional moqueca. While they prepared it, the boys boogie boarded. The tide came in so high while we were eating that we had to walk back through the waves.

Isaac and Grandpa are having fun in the pool.

We went snorkeling in this natural pool that develops when the tide is out. The water recedes probably 1/4 mile when the tide goes out, and it leaves these natural pools full of colorful little fish, crabs and coral. It was the perfect spot for the boys to snorkel.

They loved snorkeling. This was Ethan's first time. He and I went out for a while together, and I told him that I would follow him wherever he wanted to go. He thought that was cool, and turned into my little snorkeling guide. He would wave me along, and point out every coral and show me fish. One time he said, " Follow me, I want to take you to a new place over here."

Here is Isaac snorkeling. It is so fun to do these thing with the boys. They are so adventurous.

 

1 comment: